St Andrews Students
St Andrews, Fife
The university students wearing their red cloaks taking their traditional Sunday morning walk along the sea-wall after the service at St Salvator's Chapel in North Street.
The harbour dates from the 13th century and still has much of its medieval form.
The main pier and breakwater were built with stone taken - robbed, in Time Team parlance - from the Cathedral in or around 1656.
This is apparently a tradition going back many years and it's one of the things that gives St Andrews its character.
Looking along the pier from the path leading up the hill to the abbey and castle, right next to the harbour.
You may have noticed these are not aerial photos? Agreed, but it was such an attractive scene that it seems a shame not to share it.
Always remember that images taken by 197 aerial photography are available for clients
in a very much higher quality than the small sized compressed images which are shown
as .jpg files on this website.
Please see the quality sample page by clicking HERE or email for details.
All content is copyright © Alan Mackie - moral rights are asserted